Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pillowcases challenge 3/4 completed

Just an update on Adel Quilting and Dry Goods pillowcase challenge.

For those of you who might not know.  Jacque learned that the center had been using the same pillowcases for the last 20 years....and those pillowcases had been used at the time of donation.

So she issued the challenge to see if we as a community could make/donate 80 new pillowcases to the center before May 1, 2012.  We made good headway in Feb. collecting 50 pillowcases, which have already been delivered to the center. 

When I was in the shop this last week Jacque told me that she has had another 10 come in since our last delivery.

If you are like me...you have probably never made a pillowcase before.  Jacque has made it easy for us.  She has kits already cut from sale fabric, and provides a free pattern.

Please stop by the shop if you are interested in helping us meet this goal.

2 comments:

  1. I have at least half-a-dozen to add!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb! You know I thought the director was going to cry the day that Jacque and I showed up with the quilts and pillowcases.

    Does my heart good that we can make such a difference with our scrap fabric.

    ReplyDelete