Thursday, March 15, 2012

Goal?????

That word has been creeping in to many of my conversations lately.  People want to know what I am going to do since we have already met this year's goal.  Actually we met that goal at our first community sew day in January. Well almost....I'm still quilting but we will have 13 completed by the end of this month.

I have done a lot of thinking about it and the new goal is.....we will just keep doing what we are doing, and see what we end up with at the end of the year.  I honestly thought that 12 quilts was going to be a challenge, my son thought I was setting myself up for disappointment. I'm pleased that we were both wrong....

I know that the center has a need beyond the 22 that we have in the que for them right now.  I also know that if need be I can find homes for our quilts.  There may very well come a time that we will have the center well stocked with quilts. At that point I will reach out to the local hospice workers and nursing homes or any other organization that would benefit from our passion and we'll focus on that need.

When I first envisioned this project, I wanted to quilt for my community.....and hoped that the project would grow to a point that if asked I would be able to provide a quilt to someone in need.

I really didn't expect to the project to take off this fast.....but the journey is extremely satisfying.

So when it is all said and done this years goal is going to be.....to wrap a quilt around as many people as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment