Wednesday, March 14, 2012

just and update

I've been so busy showing pictures I have had no time to update you on how our finished tops are coming along.

I set the goal of getting comfort quilts 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 quilted and bound for March.  As of yesterday quilt 9 is ready to go, quilt 10 is quilted and ready for binding.  Quilt 11-13 are scheduled to go on the longarm next week.

Yesterday Jan stopped by to drop off some more fabric for the cause..THANK YOU AGAIN JAN, and we got to talking about binding.  Jan made a very good point about the heavy use these quilts will be getting at the center....and how machine binding might be a better fit for our quilts.  After much consideration (about 2 minutes worth) I'm pretty sure that I agree with that thought.  Jan gave me a quick tutorial on how to do it, and I hope to practice on some doggie beds for Heinz 57 this weekend.  That's called multi tasking there....I have beds ready to be cut down for them....but no time for getting them bound....now I can practice the new skill and not worry if it isn't perfect.

That's a WIN WIN situation!

Tomorrow we will talk about the new goal for the year....since several of you have asked. :-)

Get out and enjoy the weather if you can, it's going to be a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment