Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I know I'm late!

I promised you a post on Monday.....and then sickness hit my household.  My husband took ill on Sunday evening and by yesterday afternoon I thought I was getting it also.  Luckily for me I started taking some counter measures as soon as I realized he was sick.  I might get off lucky and not get the full blown version of what he has.

It was a busy weekend here and I didn't get as much done on my schedule as I had hoped.  Including getting our next reveal photographed.

So here I am today up at 4:00 am sitting at the computer (trying to be quite so I don't wake my sick hubby) attempting to get caught up on all the things I didn't get done this weekend when Lexi was here.

Last week I got a call from Jean.  She told me that she had a quilt for me.  Now Jean is a customer of mine so the first thing I asked her was how soon do you need it done.  She then told me the quilt was a donation quilt for Iowa Comfort.  I let out a sigh of relief, and told her she could bring it any time she wanted.  I will get caught up.....someday. LOL

Lets take a look at what she brought us.

Isn't this quilt bright and cheery!  Here is a close up of the blocks.


Such a simple yet beautiful design.

Four patches sashed....it would be a great quilt for scraps.  I'm going to have to remember this quilt when I get ready to start kitting projects for a future community sew day.

This is officially Iowa Comfort Quilt # 22, and it is only March 13th. 

I want to express my thanks to Jean for this quilt, and to everyone else who was contributed to the group.  You are an amazing group of women!


1 comment:

  1. Love the colors! It sure is a fun & happy quilt! This bright quilt will certainly bring some cheer to the residents at the center! :)

    ReplyDelete