Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Quilts 29 & 30

While at Circle of Friends last week Joyce Scott gifted us two quilt tops that she had determined that she would never finish for herself.

Joyce has been going through some major purging the last month or so and those things that she can live without are finding new homes elsewhere.  Lucky for us....these two tops get to come and live with me for a little while until I get them quilted.  YAY!

Lets take a look at them....

Opps my hubby was holding it the wrong way....ah well you get the picture.  Patriotic fabric and the border fabric has exploding fireworks.  So very very fun. 

Here is the second one;

Mostly the same fabrics as the first, minus the white.  I love all the flags going every which way.  I could see these quilts going on a small boys bed at the center, or maybe a veteran at one of the local nursing homes.  I'll have plenty of time to think about it since I have several to quilt before it.

I finished binding one of the little quilts that I quilted earlier this month while resting in my recliner last night.  I should have the other one done today.

I should probably call the center later today to set up a time to deliver quilts.  Right now though my head is beginning to pound so I think I'm going to relax for a little bit.



No comments:

Post a Comment