Sunday, April 29, 2012

Dino's

Yesterday I showed you the quilt that is being raffled off by the De Soto library. So I thought I would show you the little quilt I made for the Adel Library.

Again this quilt is not an Iowa Comfort Quilt, but I do have enough fabric left over that there maybe one similar to it being donated to Iowa Comfort.

There will be a silent auction the weekend of June 22 and 23 for the Adel Library.  For the past several years  Adel Quilting and Dry Goods has an outdoor quilt show, during that show several items that have been finished by the ladies of Quilt Circle are available to be bid on. 

If my memory serves me correctly the last two years this little auction has raised close to a $1,000 each year for the Adel Library.  Last year I know that they used the money to purchase more books.  The nice thing about this auction is that there is a "Buy it now price" for each item.  My donation last year was sold at that price prior to the actual auction.  Finished items were on display prior to the auction at the library, and someone decided not to take a chance on the bidding process.


So here is my donation this year.  It is actually quilted and bound already...but of course I don't have a pic of the completed quilt.

Here are some close ups of those little dino's.....






oops he is side ways!

I fell in love with this whimsical fabric, and hope that the library will benefit from these little dino's.  The finished quilt measures 48 x 48, so it would make a great binki for a toddler.  Put a trip to Adel on the calendar for June 22 or 23, come see the show and to see if there is anything at the auction that you really can't live without.







No comments:

Post a Comment