Tuesday, February 28, 2012

back to the longarm!

I have several errands to run today.....but when I'm not doing those, I plan to play!

My idea of playing is working on one of the comfort quilts.  Today's quilt is quilt #9.  I know that it will sound odd, but when I'm working on quilting one of our comfort quilts all I feel is joy. 

It is completely different than when I am working on a customer quilt.  When I'm working on a customer quilt I have these little voices in my head.... is there to much tension on the top....is there to much slack in the top.... what is the right pattern for the quilt.....what color thread should I use.....do I have enough backing.  Needless to say it can be stressful.

This is not the case with the comfort quilts.  I know they don't have to be perfect....and yet they are all beautiful.  I think that because I don't have the little voices stressing me out I truely get to enjoy the experience and mission of these quilts.

Tomorrow Jacque and I are delivering pillowcases and quilts to the center.  I'll probably post about that on Thursday...so there probably will not be a post tomorrow morning.

Next week I have pictures of SIX donation tops that came to me from an online friend, this past week.

Please check back to a post earlier this week asking for feed back.  I need to know how to proceed.

Until my next post.......

No comments:

Post a Comment