Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Community Sew Day

This day is set.

I have the Adel Library reserved for our first community sew day on Saturday January 28th.  We have the room from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.

I will have 7 kits available to be worked on.  These kits are already cut and just waiting to be sewn together,  and I'm thinking that more than one person can be working on one kit.

One kit is called Lasagna by Teri Atkinson.  Pretty purple florals with splashes of green

I have 2 jelly roll race kits- okay you will have to string them together, but after that it is only 30 minutes to get the top together.

I'll have 3 kits similar to Comfort quilt #1.  That would be the autumn looking one.  One will be from the brown squares you all have been sending. BTW I have enough of that fabric now. One will be in a cream and rose color scheme, and one will be in a blue and white color scheme.

The last kit that I have is called the "guy quilt" that was featured on Adel Quilting and Dry Goods web site.  It is going to be done in reds,blacks whites and cream fabric.

I will also have some fabric there to make 9 patch blocks.

Please think about joining us for either the whole or part of the day.It should be a day of fun and friendship.  Remember even if you don't sew you can still help with ironing , cutting fabric or just providing your friendship.

Until my next post.......

1 comment:

  1. I am planning on coming. Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise!!

    ReplyDelete