Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pillowcases!

I stopped by the DMV earlier this week to chat with Jackie and Nancy.  Actually I need an opinion on a project that I was working on, and Nancy had a couple of things for me also.

At the community sew day Celia and Margaret were busy all day kitting pillowcases for us. Here she is working so hard.

I had a huge tub of fabric that I just let them dig around in and try to come up with a color combination that would work for a pillowcase.  

Last year we donated over 100 pillowcases to the center.  They had been using the same pillowcases for the last 20 years.  

When a person comes to the center they all receive a new pillow, and with the donations that were spear headed by Adel Quilting and Dry Goods last year everyone also received a new pillowcase.

I am not sure how many they still have, but I would love to see them continue the tradition...so I have set a goal of 75 pillowcases again this year for them.

Nancy took four of the kits home with her from the sew day, check out what a good job our ladies that kit the pillowcases and Nancy did.


They did a great job kitting them, believe me when I tell you there was a reason I wasn't doing it.  Way to much fabric, and my mind just would not come up with pleasant fabric combo's.  But these are GREAT, and Nancy did a wonderful job sewing them up also!

I know I have other's that were sewn that day, that still haven't been unpacked..(she hangs her head in shame!) that is first on the agenda next week.

Nancy's Mom also sent us another little afghan, it is so soft and cuddly! I know that they are given to young mothers that need a little extra help.

I can just see a newborn cuddling in this soft warm blankie!

I have a busy week next week with the longarm, but I am going to try to get at least one twin done for Iowa Comfort also.

If you would like to help out with the pillow cases, we will gladly appreciate any donation...we do ask that they be new either store bought or made by you.  You can mail them to:

Iowa Comfort
Po BOX 615
De Soto IA 50069

Or you can drop them off at Adel Quilting and Dry Goods.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend!  Once again thank you to everyone that helps support Iowa Comfort.






No comments:

Post a Comment