Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Hard to believe that it is 2013 already!  Even harder to believe that I have been retired for a little over 3 and half years now. My how time has flown these last several years.  I am still trying to figure out why retirement seems to pass twice as fast as time did when I was working.

Since it is a new year, it is time to make some resolutions or changes.  So here they are:

1. I will try to do a better job of updating the 2013 photo gallery. I hope to have every donated quilt in the photo gallery this year. (I missed 6 last year)

2. Only pics of finished quilts will go in the gallery.

3. With a STRONG suggestion from law enforcement, our labels will be altered to :

ICQ # (insert number)

Pieced and quilted by 
friends of Iowa Comfort

2013

4. On the blog I will only be posting your first name and the first initial of your last name.

5. I must demonstrate self discipline and do my paper work in a timely fashion. Including the donations to the dog shelter.

6. I will look into becoming a recognized Non profit by the state of Iowa.

Resolution 3 will actually make it easier to get the labels on the quilt. My hope is to have several made up in advance, and actually attach it to the backing prior to quilting.

Resolution 5 & 6 may be the hardest for me... with 6 I have to create a board of directors... that has always stopped me dead in my tracks before.

So there they are!  I am hoping that these will not be like my other New years resolutions... and that I will stick to them all!  Only time will tell.

Yesterday I made deliveries to the Center and to DHS.  I'll have pics of the quilts for each delivery in the next two posts.

Thank you all again for your support! I know that without your help, donations and support this would not have been possible.

This past year we delivered 65 quilts to the local community.  One to law enforcement, one to a little girl battling cancer, 18 to the Dallas/Madison county Dept. of Human Services and 45 to the Crisis and Advocacy Center.  

We also donated many mats and pillows for our four legged friends at Aheintz 57 shelter.


No comments:

Post a Comment