Saturday, January 5, 2013

New Years Eve Delivery to the center

Early Monday morning I loaded  my car up, and set out to make deliveries. These are the quilts that were delivered to the center.




This quilt was donated by Jacque J.  She put it together from strip exchange from one of her retreats. It had warm cozy flannel on the back.

 This quilt is called Yummy. It was pieced, quilted and bound by Pat. I love donations like this, makes it so easy to get them into the hands that need them.


 This quilt had some wonderful turquoise print fabric in it.  We made simple nine patches, and we ran out of the focus fabric so we had to make do with  a few blocks that matched colors in the focus fabric.  Deb S. worked on this quilt top at one of the Charity Sew days.  It finished queen size, and the hope is that it will be on one of the family beds at the center.


 Marcia B. and her group of volunteers pieced and donated this quilt top. So very soft and pretty. Trisha S. donated a whole bolt of the backing that I used on it.  And when the quilt was delivered  several of the staff commented how much they liked the colors in the quilt and backing material in this quilt.


 
 This was the last quilt delivered, is pretty much the mirror image of the black quilt above with just a different color way.  Jacque J donated the pink charms, Deb S and I donated the background fabric.  The majority of this quilt top was pieced at a charity sew day by Angie O.  It turned into one of my favorites so I thought I would spend a little extra time on the quilting with a new pattern.


The quilting was anything but perfect on this quilt, but I still think it is a beautiful quilt!

The staff at the center tell me that each and every quilt finds a home very quickly, either on one of thier beds or when they help set up housekeeping for a client that is transitioning from their facility.  They asked that I thank you all for your hard work.  

I'll show the quilts that went to DHS on Tuesday, so make sure to come back.


No comments:

Post a Comment