Saturday, January 19, 2013

Time to quilt again

Many of you know that I fund Iowa Comfort by quilting for customers.  The money that I receive for my quilting services buy backing and batting for the Iowa Comfort Quilts.  

The busiest quilting season is usually from mid September to mid December.... so I concentrate on customer quilts during that time frame.  Donations did not stop though, and with Christmas season over I have been working hard to get caught up again with my finished quilt tops.  I currently have 7 small Hope quilts ready to be quilted and 6 twin to double size quilts to be quilted.  LIFE IS GOOD!

The last couple of weeks I have quilted 8 quilts.  I am going to show you the first three today, because they are completely finished and will be ready for donation.


ICQ# 66


ICQ#67

The fabric for these two quilts were donated by Deb S. from northern Iowa.  Last September my local quilt group, "Circle of Friends"  from Adel spent our meeting night helping cut and kit 35 of these little kits.  About a fourth of the kits have been given out to people who wanted one; but couldn't make it to our last community sew day...or didn't want to wait for our next sew day.  (BTW it is on the books....more info on it next week).  I can't tell you who pieced these beyond a shadow of a doubt, I think Carol and Kathy might have pieced these two.  I can tell you that it wasn't me....cuz I failed to follow instructions correctly and my rows do not stair step like these do.


ICQ 68

This top (along with 6 others) was delivered to me from my friend Marica B.  The quilts were donated to Marcia's charity sewing group by her friend Joann H.  Joann's sister, Janis had recently passed away and Joann came across theses seven tops while settling her affairs.  Unfortunately for Marcia's group the size was to large for them to finish, so Marcia sent them down to us.  They are just the right size for a twin size bed.

I was very fortunate that Celia M. volunteered to bind this one for me at open sew last week.  Actually she volunteered to bind three...but I just couldn't monopolize that much of her time. 

It wasn't until I took this picture that I noticed the setting of the blocks.  To me it looks like flying geese, traveling from one corner of the quilt all the way around.  I don't think I have ever seen this setting before, but I like it a lot.

Thank you one and all for your help!  I hope you have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment