Tuesday, June 18, 2013


The definition of insanity is to continue to do the same thing, and expect different results.  I am insane!  Just putting it out there for the world... I am OWNING my INSANITY!

Only and insane person would continue the same path that leads to this.

This was my quilt room last week.  Various quilts for donation  in various stages of completeness.  I knew I needed to get it cleaned up...so for a couple of days last week, I worked on documenting and labeling the quilts.  I decided once I had them photographed and the paper work done on them I could fold them up neatly and store them until it was time to donate them.

And I must admit that I was feeling pretty darn proud of myself.  I have the two forms of paperwork saved to my desk top, so I can easily access the most current form..... all I have to do is transfer the information from the spreadsheet to the form  I had a plan!

Alas plan or not.... I had a problem.  I discovered it when I was doing the paper work, so I guess it was a good thing that I worked on it last week.  

Lets see if you can figure out my problem:

Aren't these pretty pictures of quilt # 85?  It is amazing how different they look in different lighting...... (Okay where is my sarcasm font?)

Both of these quilts were labeled #85..... the log cabin quilt, had the label sewn to the backing prior to quilting the quilt.  The juvenile quilt I applied after it was quilted.  Either way they were both labeled #85....and believe it or not I had a problem with that!  

So I spent the better part of an evening removing the label from the back of the bottom quilt ( did I mention that I heat bond my labels?).  I accomplished this by ripping out the stitching and applying heat to the label. Once heat was applied I attempted to peal the label off the back, cleaning up as much of the sticky bond and then reapplying the correct label which is #91.  The whole process took about 3 hours.

Needless to say I wasn't the happiest camper. I blame my mistake on having too many quilts in various stages of  completeness.... but honestly it was just a stupid mistake that I had to fix. 

The quilts are now correctly numbered, photographed and documented.  Neatly folded and waiting for me to deliver them to the center. 

I can move on to working on the last quilt from Marcia B.'s group.  This quilt is a muslin foundation pieced quilt, and it is already quite heavy.... it will keep someone warm and toasty on a cold winters night.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment