Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Jan's gifts

Before I write the main post, I just want to put it out there again.  I have reached my maximum capacity for storage.  So I am not accepting donations at this time.  Of course every rule has an exception.... and Jan's gifts fit the need.

Jan loves to quilt!  And Jan is a perfectionist, like most quilters.  She ordered a backing for a quilt of hers online.  In the picture it looked like it was going to be a perfect match for the quilt she was working on.....then it arrived.

Jan was not in love with it, and she could not bring herself to use it in the project.  So she donated it to Iowa Comfort.

Now I can always use 108 inch wide backing!  And I actually had one of the bed size quilt tops that I did not have a backing for.

The quilt top mentioned also has brown in it.... so I think it will be a really good fit.  Should I decide that it isn't.  Jan also donated this.

I will use these to make a strip quilt, and use the backing above on the quilt top.

Thank you Jan for all of your generosity over the last two years!  You are the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment