Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Fabric snitchin dog!

I don't know about you, but I know it is time to clean the quilt room when Hawkeye is getting into my 2 1/2 inch strips for chew toys!

I had all of my strips neatly in a basket, separated by size under my longarm.  I am going to have to find a new home for that basket.  It is a good thing I love that dog!

On to what has been going on this week.  Since my last post I have quilted 2 of the hope quilts that I showed you in my last post.  The third is loaded on the longarm and ready to quilt today after I run my errands.

At night I have been working on binding.  I have completed one quilt, and just about have the second one bound.  I will also take a couple to open sew on Friday this week.

I have two customer quilts coming in this week.  So I will quilt one of those on Wednesday.  On Thursday the plan is to quilt one of the bed size quilts.


Friday at open sew I need to make some Doggy Beds.  Dear Hubby said I really need to do something with these:


All three of those bags are full of stuffing for the doggy beds.  I spent a couple of nights last week chopping it all down into small pieces.  Which brings me to my next topic.  If you are part of a small sewing group and want to help out with this project, I will gladly make the bed, then all you have to do is keep stuffing it. 

 Once it is full just sew it shut with a double seam and then drop it off to me for delivery.  The stuffing really needs to be either long sliver pieces of fabric or cut down into no larger than 2 x pieces.  Otherwise the bed doesn't fluff right, and is lopsided.  

I could also use help making up the beds.  I had hoped that the high school might be able to help with this project but I didn't get a response. :-(

I still need to work on my book work.... Swedish church records kept me from working on them Sunday.  There just isn't enough hours in the day for me!  It seems that I am constantly at battle between my two passions/hobbies. 

Well those are my plans and goals for the coming week. 

Hope you have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment