Saturday, September 14, 2013

A day of sewing

Yesterday was Open Sew Friday.  I didn't make it to Open Sew Thursday, but I did go yesterday.  

There were only two of us there yesterday, so we had lots of room to spread out.

Celia stopped by and picked up three of our Hope Quilts that I quilted this week.  She took them home to work on binding them for me.  THANK YOU VERY MUCH! 

I decided that it really was okay for me to work on a quilt for me.  So I made scrappy 9 patches, and watched a small bright quilt top form on the floor.  Since I had altered the pattern and decided to make the quilt larger, I would cut and sew, and reevaluate how many more blocks I would need.

Earlier this week one of my customers brought me these:

  Isn't this a bright and cute little quilt!  It will cheer up a small child in no time at all!  And the fabric that I was working with yesterday will make a great scrappy binding for it.


Judy also brought me this little bag of scraps.  A majority of it is cut down to 2 1/2 inch strips.  Which is great because I found a quilt pattern on Bonnie Hunters sight that I see myself making next year for Iowa Comfort.  It is called Strip Twisting.  I think I am going to make several of these quilts next year for the center. It will be a fast and efficient way to use up some of the stock pile of strips that I have.

So thank you Judy for the donation of the quilt, and the strips!

I am heading out to farmers market with my mother in a few minutes.  Then later today I am going to head over to the cemetery to document a few more graves.

I will be back to work on Iowa Comfort quilts on Monday!

Have a great week end everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment