Saturday, July 27, 2013

It wasn't the sand man that visited me on Monday....

I have been feeling icky all week.  At first I thought it was allergies, but my dear husband has it also and he does not suffer from allergies.  Plus we are both coughing and running low grade fevers.

Yesterday I was feeling a little better.  I really wanted to go and play in the cemetery.  For those of you who do not know that my second passion is genealogy....do not fear I am not that weird!  I have adopted the local Veterans Cemetery, and I am working very hard to document every grave-site in Find a Grave and the Iowa Genweb databases. I showed restraint and stayed home and worked on this weeks goals for Iowa Comfort instead. 

I loaded another one of Diane's quilts on the longarm, and I sewed the binding on one of her quilts that I had previously quilted. My hope is that I can quilt the one on the longarm today, and work on the hand stitching of the binding the next several evenings.

I also put together another donation to the center, which I will deliver next Tuesday.

For the past several years, the quilt group from Adel Quilting and Dry Goods, have made projects and had a silent auction for the Adel Library.  It is our way of showing appreciation for the wonderful sewing space we use several times a year.  This year the auction was a wonderful success...but there were 4 items that did not sell.  Jacque asked the group if it would be okay to donate these four items to Iowa Comfort, and the group agreed.

So here are the four  wonderful lap quilts that were donated.


 This is the only quilt that I am not 100% sure of who made it.  I think it was Nancy, who is one of our newer members.  If I am wrong let me know and I will correct this asap! This quilt reminds me of fall.  I think it would be a great quilt for a male senior citizen.
 This quilt was made by Jacque J.  I love the lime green pop in this quilt! She used fireside fabric on the backing and it is oh so cuddly!
 This quilt was made by Lonnie K.  Two color quilts are one of my favorites.  This particular quilt reminds me of my Grandmother, she had China in a blue and white pattern.  Funny what memories a quilt can invoke.
 This lap quilt was made by Nancy H.  This is the first quillow that I have ever seen.  It is a lap quilt that can be folded into a pillow for easy storage.  Such a great idea, especially if space is a premium for storage.... good thing I don't have any more air travel planned, or this one might not make out of my house.....just kidding.
 The entire quilt will fold into this pocket, and store so easily.

The plan is to get the labels on all four of these quilts this weekend.

With a sick hubby I have been staying upstairs longer in the evening while he rests downstairs.  These quilts will be the first quilts for the August donation, they won't make it on the list for Tuesdays delivery.

I want to thank all of the ladies for their generosity! Not just to Iowa Comfort, but to all of the local charities that they support.  I know that there are many!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  Tuesday I start showing you what was in those boxes that Janet and Caroline brought me a couple of weeks ago.



No comments:

Post a Comment