Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mail from Diane

Diane L. is an avid power quilter.  I met her through an online group that I belong to.  She amazes us all on how fast she can whip up bed size quilt.... to us it seems that she can do it in a blink of an eye. (Maybe she has a little genie or witch in her possession) I sure am envious of her abilities.

Earlier this month she was cleaning out one of her closets....the other joke online is how many closets does she have with quilt tops in it....  I don't know and I don't care, because the tops that she doesn't believe she will ever finish get sent to Iowa Comfort.

About a week ago I received a flat rate priority mail box from her. I promptly sent her a message that I had received it.  Diane responded that she had more for me, but the box was full and she couldn't get anymore in it.

Let's just say Diane got her moneys worth out of that box.  I could not believe it when I opened it and I found the following tops in it.


 Isn't this pretty!  I took a close up so you could see the center fabric.



I love this quilt also, so soft and romantic.

 Here is a sampler, and the picture does not do it justice. Very pretty.


I could be wrong but I think this might have been a stack and wack. Very rich colors in it, and it will be striking on a bed.

The last quilt that she sent was this little twister quilt.... or at least that is what I think it is.  Either way it will brighten a child's day when they receive it.

SEW much fun to open mail, especially from Diane!  Thank you so much for your donations Diane.  I have several to quilt before these, I hope to get them on the long arm by April.

More tops to show you on Saturday, so come on back and see what the ladies from the Adel Christian Church have been up to.




No comments:

Post a Comment