Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Quilt top donations!

As promised in last weeks post.  This post is about two quilt tops that were donated to Iowa Comfort.

Jean V. donated these two tops to us. I love every thing she brings to me.  It doesn't matter if it is a quilt top to quilt for her or these donations.  I always keep the pictures to remind me of future projects I can kit for Iowa Comfort or make for my own family. 


Here is the first top.  Jean had made a crayola quilt for a family member...and had fabric left over.  She told me that she was not going to put that fabric away and started making four patches.  And as you can see, she then set those 4 patches in a four patch unit.  

I am always amazed at how I see something new in a quilt when looking at a picture of it.  I knew the four patches had white in them...but I didn't see the diagonal line until I looked at this picture.


Jean even sent a long a backing for this quilt  AND made the binding for it.



This quilt top is a little bigger.  You can see it is the same design just this time instead of white diagonals, we have colored squares which are offset in white.  Jean also scappy sashed the blocks to help use up those scraps.  This quilt is large enough to go on a twin bed and I know it will be used for many years to come at the center.

I love this top! And it is going to be something that will easily go with any decor that CIAC may have.  I am going to start cutting my white scraps into pieces that can go into a remake of this quilt.

Thank you Jean for your donating your stash, time and talents to Iowa Comfort.  You are going to make someones life just a little brighter in the near future!


No comments:

Post a Comment