Saturday, December 1, 2012

More donation pics

 Rose Ann Christiansen donated a bag of fabric a couple of weeks ago.  I apologize to her, for not recognizing the donation before now.  I probably have enough material for all of the posts for the rest of the year already....but I do try to get donations on in a timely fashion.

Here is what Rose Ann sent us:


Five or six different check prints, each one being around a yard.  I am thinking we could make several lap quilts with this fabric...and DHS told me that there was a need for quilts for elderly persons.  They do occasionally have cases where an elderly person has been abused, and would like to provide a quilt to them for comfort. 

Rose Ann also provided these:


She must have been practicing her quilting skills.  These are 2 layers of fabric sandwiched with a layer of batting all quilted up.  There are six different sets, just waiting for me to add a binding to them.  Then they will be donated to the local dog shelter.  They will provide warmth and comfort to a dog being transported in a crate.  These mats might very well be the first nice thing that a dog has encountered in a long time.  AHeintz 57 shelter specializes in finding homes for dogs that have been abused or neglected.

Thank you Rose Ann for your donations.  I'll put it all to good use, I promise.

Just as a heads up, I am feeling a little icky, and my husband has been ill for a week.  So if there is no post on Tuesday, you'll understand.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment