Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Red Hat society

Penny White dropped by a couple of weeks ago with this completed quilt for us.  She loves the wit of Maxine, and thought maybe one of our clients might enjoy receiving this quilt while undergoing treatment.


It was the perfect size for covering a lap, while undergoing chemo.  And lets face it if Maxine can't bring a smile to your face, not much is going to be able to.



Ha, I wish I could make a fashion statement.





This one is my new motto in life.  Eat my DUST old age.


Oh yes Maxine.... I to forget.

I am hoping this quilt will find it's way into the lap of a member of the red hat society and that it will bring a sliver of joy to them.

Thank you Penny for this quilt and all of the other quilts that you have  pieced for Iowa Comfort.  You have a generous and loving spirit.

BTW folks, if you are local and have a need for a comfort quilt or know of a family that does.  Give me a shout, if I have the appropriate size quilt on hand I will be glad to help you out.

My mission has always been to provide warmth and comfort to our local community.  So let your churches and schools know that we might be able to assist if needed.

Now, this week is my surgery so I won't promise a post the next several weeks.  I am proud to say that I have all of the quilt tops quilted, and only have two left to bind before Friday.  

YIPPEEE it feels good to be caught up.  Once I am back up on my feet, I get to start piecing tops together!

Have a great week everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment