Tuesday, January 6, 2015

First donation of 2015

Okay so that isn't quite the truth.  The donation actually came in in December, but after I had already closed out my records for 2014.

SOOOOOOO this is the first donation to the center in 2015.  (See what I did there?)

I love the fact that the first donation, is something they really need and something that needs replenished on an on going basis.  

I am talking about pillow cases of course.  Every client that enters the center is given a new pillow.  With our donations they are also given a pillowcase that they will also get to keep.

This donation came to us from Mindy R.  and was dropped off at Adel Quilting and Dry Goods for us.




Aren't these just adorable!  I love how all of these could be considered masculine.  The last time I was at the center one of the staff members commented on one of our Hope quilts that was being donated.  Something to the effect that this quilt could be for a little boy.  I went back and checked out the photo gallery.... and there is a lot of pink and purple in those quilts! 

This years resolution is to try as best as I can to balance the donations with equal numbers feminine and masculine quilts.  At least with the hope quilts.  Hope quilts go to small children and aren't used on beds. 

I am going to try to do the same for the pillowcases.  Which means I need to get 6 girl pillow cases made up ASAP.

So if by chance fabric management was on your New Years resolution this year.  The center could really use new pillowcases.  It is a great way to clear out some of your smaller cuts of fabric and is a quick and easy project.

Here is a link to a tutorial if you need it.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrYWCma9wgM

Thank you Mindy for your generous gifts of time and talent!  I can already see the smile on a little persons face!

Special thanks also to Jacque of Adel Quilting and Dry Goods for her continued support of Iowa Comfort.  I appreciate the fabric that you have donated over the years and that you will act as a drop off center for Iowa Comfort.

Have a great week everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment