Saturday, November 9, 2013

Thank You Marybeth!

Marybeth is another one of my online quilting buddies.  We see each other maybe once a year, and only if we both make it to AQS.

Earlier this year we were able to carve out a day and Marybeth, Lynne and I had a longarm play date.  Now both Marybeth and Lynne freehand quilt, and of course up until I got Fonzie I only quilted with pantographs.

Lynne and Marybeth came down to play for a day, and I showed them Fonzie..... but also gave them lessons on pantographing.  They tried to teach me freehand, but that was a waste of time.

At the end of the day both Marybeth and Lynne took home one of our kits to put together.  (Did I tell you that they each live at least an hour away from me?)

I didn't make AQS this year because I was ill, but Marybeth did and sent the kit back to me through another friend from my area.


I didn't expect Marybeth to piece and quilt it but she did....which meant that she also generously donated the backing and batting also.  Lets take a look at the beautiful quilting she did.

Please zoom in on it!  It is absolutely gorgeous!

Oh and one of the additional perks for me is that she also bound the quilt.  I don't mind binding at all, but it is becoming increasingly more difficult for me because Hawkeye thinks he is a lap dog and he loves all things quilty!


See here he is trying to see if he can get away with pulling the quilt down and making it his own.  Well he won't get away with that.  And I will find time to get a label on this quilt and get it delivered.

Thank you again Marybeth for your generousity.  I wouldn't be surprised if the center doesn't make this a Christmas gift to a young child.

Hope everyone gets out and enjoys the weekend.  Sounds like it is going to get cold next week.   I plan to head to the cemetery on Monday, today and tomorrow I will be eye ball deep in 1800 Swedish church records.  It is going to be a genealogy weekend for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment