Tuesday, November 12, 2013

2 more quilts ready for delivery

With help from a good friend I have two more quilts ready for  delivery to the center.

I have to admit that things are slowing down, as my customer quilts pick up.  I haven't had a lot of time to work on the Iowa Comfort quilts recently.  This creates a problem with getting two blog posts a week done....but more on that later.

Here are the completed quilts.



 Can you guess why I had to take another picture of this quilt?
Yep your right.... my helper was bound and determined to help me.  Hawkeye loves quilts!  And he thinks they all should be his!



This is ICQ 121 


I had just yelled a Hawkeye to leave the  quilt alone, and he is giving me his best impression of "BUT MOM, I LIKE IT"



Officially this is ICQ 115

Jean made these two quilts for Iowa Comfort.  If I remember correctly they are two of 7 that she donated to us.  She even donated the backing material.  Which made it very easy for me, and I so appreciate her talent and generosity.

Celia was/is an angel that helps me with binding.  I think she has probably bound 10 or 15 quilts for me.  She did the binding on these two, and has another one ready for me to pick up.  She tells me all the time to bring them to open sew and she will get the bindings on for me.  She is such a good friend.  THANK YOU SO MUCH CELIA.  

There isn't a whole lot of binding going on at my house anymore.  If I am sitting in my chair Mr. Hawkeye thinks he needs to be on my lap.....and that makes it a tad bit difficult to do anything.

Until things pick up with Iowa Comfort, I am going to cut down on scheduled blog posts.  I know for those of you who follow the blog that sucks...but no sense in writing something just to be writing.  So I will try to get something up once a week (Tuesdays) if I can, but if there is nothing going on... I won't waste your time or mine.

Hope you are all well and looking forward to the Holiday season....


No comments:

Post a Comment