Tuesday, October 23, 2012

2012 comes to and end

Isn't that an odd title. 

I know that it isn't December 31rst yet.  But I have reached the maximum number of quilts that I can complete before the end of the year.  I have 7 comfort quilts to finish yet this year, but I also have 15 customer quilts to get done by the end of November so they can be Christmas gifts.

The customer quilts fund Iowa Comfort, so they will have to come first.

I am pretty sure that we as a community will have donated right at 60 quilts this year...when it is all said and done.

I can tell you that I have 31 kits, 7 Hope quilt tops, and 7 large tops all waiting patiently for the begining of next year....thats is 45 tops and it isn't January yet.  Who knows what we will end up contributing next year, and isn't it wonderful!

On my next several posts I will show you those 7 hope quilts, and the 7 large quilt tops.

I would also like to remind everyone that the community sew day is a week from Saturday at the Adel Library.  We have 2 sessions that day 9 to 12, and 1 to 4.  Bring your sewing machine and make sure to bring a seam ripper.

No comments:

Post a Comment