Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Just a quick note

I am still working on those scrap pieces of fabric.  I find it odd to see how a grocery sack of scraps can condense down to such a small amount of organized fabric.  I am on my third grocery sack, and I have less than a gallon size bag of slivers that did not make it in to a square, brick or strip.

Today I loaded my last quilt top for Iowa Comfort, by tomorrow it should be off the longarm and ready for me to bind this weekend.

This will be the first time since January that I have been all caught up.  I figure that it will last about a week.  An online quilting buddy has organized a charity sew day, and Iowa Comfort will reap some of the rewards from that day.  Adel Quilting and Dry Goods also has an evening of service scheduled that will benefit our group.

I may try to get one more community sew day scheduled in late September early October, to get us through the holidays.  At the community prep day, I mentioned that it might be after the first of the year.....and you would have thought I had kicked a puppy!  So I will try to get one on the books before everyone gets busy with the holidays, and I get busy with customer quilts for Christmas. 

Alright the post is already beyond a quick note.  I will tell you about the charity sew day on my next post.

Have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment