Tuesday, July 10, 2012

More Fireworks

Over the weekend I finished quilting Joyce's second donation quilt.  It has several of the same fabrics in it that the first one had.  The quilt also had several strips of white and blue fabric in it.  Lets take a look at the quilt top.




This is a jelly roll quilt, and I really love how you never know how the strips will fall together in this project.  I really like how the white fabric is at both ends of the quilt, with the stars and flags nestled in between.


I used a white backing material on this quilt.  I am 99% confident that it was donated by Jacque Johnson from Adel Quilting and Dry Goods.  I used Sew Fine 401 (white) to quilt just a gentle meander on this quilt.  I hope to get it trimmed today, and find a binding for it this afternoon.


The rest of the week is dedicated to finishing piecing,constructing, and binding my sisters quilt for her birthday. August 7 th is fast approaching and it needs to travel to San Jose, Ca.


Everybody have a good week!



No comments:

Post a Comment