Tuesday, November 8, 2011

More generosity!

I love the response from our local community.  Adel Quilting and Dry Goods, my favorite quilt shop, has not only agreed to be a drop off site for scrap fabric but.......HAS DONATED BACKING MATERIAL for many of our first quilts.  How cool is that!

As of right now we have 4 twin size quilts kitted for our community sew day, which should be early January.  I'll have the exact day later this week.  Once we get the tops together I will get them quilted on the longarm and finished up.  I may have to have a friend at Quilt Circle show me how to do machine binding. LOL

I have had one follower suggest that once a month we put a call out for a 10 inch square in a certain color family.  She said that would be really easy to do, and simple to mail.  So I thought I would try it.  I've been watching the harvest the last several weeks and I have a vision of a brown quilt sashed in cream.  So if you have a 10 inch block of medium to dark brown fabric that you would like to donate to this project please do.  You can drop them off any of the drop sites listed above or mail them to:
Iowa Comfort
PO BOX 615
De Soto IA 50069

Until my next post.......thank you all for your support

No comments:

Post a Comment