Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Quilts, Quilts, Quilts! Time for a delivery

Having a boot on for the last four weeks has allowed me to be really productive.  Now most of the quilts in this post are not my work.....but the center is going to love all of the quilts.  



This quilt was pieced by one of the ladies of the Adel Christian Church quilt group.  I actually thought I had all of these quilted up already.  I found several that were tucked away waiting their turn on the long arm.  I fondly remembered Donna Grove, when I pulled this quilt out.  Donna told me that she got bored, so I offered her a bunch of flannel fabric that she could use to create Hope Quilts.  Donna took the flannel back to her church group and announced that they would be making Hope Quilts for me.  Not at all what I had intended....but that was Donna.




In an effort to keep the quilt donation fairly balanced.  I decided that I needed to quilt a boy quilt....so I found this blue ABC panel. I know that this quilt really could be for either gender but the first one was pink....so I did the best I could.

These next quilts all came from Betty W.  

Betty is working on stash busting.  All of these adorable quilts came to me totally completed and ready for donation!




Now remember I am trying hard to donate Hope Quilts equally for boys and girls.  Betty remembered that and also created quilts for both genders.  Owen was visiting a few weeks back.  He was heart broken when he could not keep/use either of these quilts.  He loves trains....grandma might just have to make him one




I love this little quilt! It is going to make a little guys year, I just know it will.




This quilt is so sweet.  I sat and looked at the pattern for a very long time.  I am hoping to use it next year to do some stash busting of my own.


This strip quilt is so very simple yet makes a great little boy quilt.  I don't know how I managed not to get a photo of the little buddy that I sent along with this quilt.  It had a cute little pony.


Another adorable stash buster.  I may have to ask Betty where she finds her patterns at.  I had this one constructed three different ways before I realized it is one pieced block with an offset block.  Boy did I feel silly.  Simple but elegant.


Here is the last quilt that Betty gave us.  I love two fabric quilts, so simple yet so sweet.  I found the perfect little purple bunny in my stash to go along with this quilt.

Now as if these weren't enough.  Betty also took home 4 Hope quilts to bind for me.  She got them all bound and back to me in a week.  I think we can all agree that she is awesome!  Thank you so much Betty for all your time and talents.

I have several finished quilts to show you over the next few weeks, so make sure to stop back.


No comments:

Post a Comment