Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Some times you just need supplies.....

Every once in a while you just need to replenish supplies.

I was working on this quilt for the Adel Library auction that Jacque is hosting at Adel Quilting and Dry Goods.

The top was pieced really well, but I did not have my air conditioner on yet, and the humidity was messing with my quilting. As you can see when I got to the end the border kept curling up.... and I was feeling lazy.

 

So it gave me a great excuse to head over to the quilt shop to purchase this handy dandy tool.  It is my favorite go to spray.


Couple of quick sprays and that border is lying flat as can be and there isn't anything that the humidity can do about it.



I was able to finish quilting the quilt in no time at all.  This top had been donated to the auction by Nancy.  I donated the quilting on it.

I think it was really pretty prior to the quilting, and the quilting made it pop even more if I do say so myself.


Since the top had butterflies in it.  I decided to quilt some pretty butterflies on it, in a pretty green.

The backing was bright and has butterflies on it also.

This quilt will be available for purchase this coming Saturday at Adel Quilting and Dry Goods.  Many other things will be available in this auction also.  All proceeds from the sale of these items will be donated to the Adel library. So please come and check out the quilt show, and the auction.

So how many of you are wondering about the title of this post?

I have taken the long way around to this donation.  When I went into the quilt shop to pick up that can of Sulky that is pictured above.  I had a gift certificate waiting for me from Lonnie.  She told me that she hadn't been able to do as much for Iowa Comfort as she would have liked, but wanted to donate.

I knew I needed that can of spray....but I was set for pretty much everything else.  SOOOOOOOO guess what we did with the balance of the gift certificate????  Give you three guesses, first two don't count....
Yep you got it.  We kitted some pillow case kits from the sale rack.  I took the fabric home and whipped up these 6 pillow cases.  Alright to be perfectly honest, I did dip into a yard of fabric from here at home.  Don't know how I thought I was going to make 6 cases from 5 yards of fabric....but we got it done.

Officially these are pillow cases 336-341.

It was really nice to play with quilt shop quality fabric for a little bit.  I have been working with some vintage fabric...but we will save the rest of that story.

Thanks Lonnie for the donation!  You have been very generous to Iowa Comfort and I really appreciate it.

Don't forget to stop by the quilt shop this Saturday and pick up an item from the auction.  The library will appreciate it!


No comments:

Post a Comment