Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Iowa Comfort quilts 174 & 175

My good friend Nancy H. asked if she could assist in quilting a couple of Hope quilts.   Well YA, we could do that!  I think it took me all of about 4 hours to round up a couple of tops, batting and backing.



This little panel was donated to us last year.  I wasn't sure if I was going to add anything to it or not.  In the long run I decided it was fine as is.  

Officially this is ICQ #174.

Nancy not only quilted it for me, she also put the binding on and donated the little bear that I sent along with the quilt.



ICQ #175

This little quilt was pieced together by the ladies from the Adel Christian Church, the fabric had been dropped off at Adel Quilting and Dry Goods.

Nancy quilted and bound it for me.  Along with donating that little puppy that I sent with the quilt at donation.

It did not go unnoticed that the quilt with kitties on them got a puppy dog friend.  So it was a puppy or a hippo....I went with puppy.  

The center also commented on how of the six quilts that were donated.  Four could be delivered to either boys or girls, and these two would be perfect for a boy and girl.

YEAH my madness works!  I can not tell you how my OCD messes with my mind when I am figuring out what to work on next. 

Thank you so much Nancy for not just these quilts, but all of your continued support for Iowa Comfort...from the stuffed toys to binding, piecing and quilting.  So much more gets accomplished because of your talents and generosity.

Special thanks also to the Ladies of the Adel Christian Church for all the piecing you did on that donated flannel.

Jacque J. I so appreciate all the support that Adel Quilting and Dry Goods provide to Iowa Comfort.  You are such a great friend to the cause.  I would not be able to do half of what we have accomplished without you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment