Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Doggy donations

 I have had more doggy bed stuffing arrive over the last week.

 Kathy B sent this bag to me.



Betty W. brought the above 3 bags to me one day last week.

Since both ladies followed my wishes and had the contents cut down in to sliver strips or squares no larger than 2 x 2.  These bags went directly into doggy beds.

Here are the three beds I was able to make out of the above four sacks.

Now I am not quiet done with them yet.  I still need to make the sham to go over the bed.  Thus allowing laundering without having to launder the bed itself.

HUGE THANKS to Betty and Kathy for their donations, but even more for cutting that fabric down and ensuring there was nothing in those bags that could hurt a volunteer or the doggies.

As a reminder, if you are wanting to donate doggy bed material.  I am accepting only under the following conditions.

1 Large pieces of material that can be used to create the bed or sham.

2. Stuffing material must be cut down to small slivers if strips or squares no larger than 2 x 2, smaller would be even better.

3. Sack can only have fabric in it.  No needles, pins, embroidery floss or other non fabric or batting materials.

4. Your name must be on the outside of the sack.

Any donations that don't meet those requirements will not be used.  I have already thrown away several bags that were left at the Adel Library for me that did not meet these requirements.

Have a good week everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment