Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Quilt donation

We received a twin quilt for donation.  Did you catch that I said quilt, not quilt top.  I get several a year but rarely are they twin size.

This quilt was donated by Jacque Johnson, owner of Adel Quilting and Dry Goods.  The quilt was used by her mother, and now donated in her mothers memory.

Lets take a look at this beauty.


If memory serves, Jacque told me that this quilt was one of a past strip club that she put on.

I love the colors in it, but then I have always been partial to blue and yellow quilts.  Such a lovely quilt!


Even the back is beautiful!  Love that floral print!  This quilt is so pretty that you could use either side.  Well I might.  :-)

Speaking of Jacque I wanted to let you all know that she is hosting a charity event this coming Saturday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm at the Adel Library.  September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.  So Jacque teamed up with Conkerr Cancer Org..  

For that four hours volunteers will be kitting and making pillowcases for children suffering from cancer.  Pillowcases are delivered to Blank Children's Hospital, Children's Cancer Connection, University of Iowa Children's Hospital and the Ronald McDonald House.

Saturday help is needed to cut, press and fold fabric for pillow case kits.  We also will need help stitching those pillow cases.

Even if you can't come for the full four hours, come by for a few minutes on Sept. 6th and help out some kids.  I'm sure it will make you smile.

Adel Quilting is supplying the fabric.  Contact Jacque at 515-993-1170 if you need more information.

I will have Owen that day, but I plan to bring him along and I will be there until he decides I won't be.  I plan on bringing my cutting mat and rotary along with me.

Hope to see you there.





No comments:

Post a Comment