Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Where does the time go?

I find it hard to believe that it can be Tuesday already.  Where did the time go?

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mothers day weekend.  I was very busy, but very little of it had to do with quilting or Iowa Comfort.

I did get my son's quilt repaired and requilted with a new backing.  It is currently on the longarm waiting for me to remove it and get it bound.

At night I have been working on stitching down the pedals on my 3D folded flower quilt.  As of last night I only have 20 pedals left to stitch down...then I move on to adding the crystal bead to each flower. 125 of them to be exact, and then I can FINALLY be done with this quilt.  I am coming down to the wire on it, the quilt show is June 8th. 

At this point I am not even sure I like the quilt anymore!  It has just taken up so much of my time and been so labor intensive that I really want to just put it in a closet for a while and forget about it.  Do you ever feel that way about a quilt?

Well as far as Iowa Comfort....this week I am going to be working on getting a delivery ready for the center.  I also have the 3 quilts that I quilted last week to get bound, a few quilts that need labels....and just pretty much catch up work before I move on to other projects.  

I do plan on quilting at least 1 twin size quilt for the center this week also.

Today it is suppose to be in the 90's here in Iowa...so if you live here...enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment