Tuesday, August 12, 2014

donation from Diane M

One evening, just before my sisters came to visit, I heard Hawkeye barking at the door.  By the time I got upstairs, Diane M was headed back to her car.

Diane had just been at her mother's house.. and the goal of the week was to continue the pruning of her mothers stash.  (Diane's mother has moved into a smaller space.)

Diane had donated previously to Iowa Comfort.... and on a whim decided to pull off the interstate on he way home to see if I was home or wanted any of what she had.  Her SUV was FULL!  Some of it she knew that she was going to keep.  There was also stuff that she knew she would never use.


I am pretty sure that I did not get pictures of everything, and I do apologize for that.... but I will show you what I did get.







All of the above are pictures of batting.  Some are larger cuts and some are smaller cuts.


 Here is a bunch of fabric that can be used as backing material on some of our quilts.


Then there is a stack of fabric that can be used for the casings and outer shams for our doggy beds.


I took some of that fabric to make this puppy blanket. I also used several of the smaller pieces of batting in this blanket.

When Aheintz 57 has puppies in the shelter they stay in a kiddie pool.  Those kiddie pools needed to be warm and comfy, so I am going to make several of these.  Hopefully this week.

I also have one customer quilt to do this week.

Thank you so much for the donation Diane!  Your donation is going to help make so many wonderful projects for Iowa Comfort.


No comments:

Post a Comment