Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Remembering Donna

It is with mixed emotions that I write this post.

Donna was one of my volunteers. She passed away last Friday.

Although I had never met her, I feel as though I know her through her generosity to Iowa Comfort.  

She wasn't a quilter, but after receiving a comfort quilt 2 years ago when she was diagnosed with cancer she wanted to lend her talents to help.  

Here are some of the blankets that she made for the center.





These are not all of them, there are many more.

I can tell you from personal experience that the staff at the center always picked up these little cuddlies and cooed and petted them first when I did a delivery.  I was told that they were given to struggling new mothers and often it was the nicest blanket that the newborn would have.  

What a generous spirit Donna had.  I think in total she made about 15 of these darling blankets... all the while battling her own illness.

I am saddened by her passing, but so grateful that she is no longer in pain.  She will be missed by not only her loving family, but by a community that she touched with these gifts.

Prayers of comfort and piece for Donna's family during this time of transition.  


No comments:

Post a Comment