Saturday, April 28, 2012

De Soto Library quilt

Although this quilt isn't an Iowa Comfort quilt it is a charity quilt and I wanted to show it to you.

For the past three years a group of women have met once a week (until the quilt was finished) to create a quilt for raffle for the De Soto Library. The city of  De Soto hosts a family day once a year in August, and the library host games for the kids and other fun things to do that day.  During the days festivities they raffle off a number of items including the quilt.

This year I was only able to donate the quilting of the quilt, as my schedule did not allow for me to assist in the actual piecing of the quilt.  Lets take a look at their quilt.

Here is a close up of the quilt.

The camera is not doing it justice! The fabric in this quilt are rich in color.  Deep reds, creams, burgundy, brown, blues and golds.  It is just a beautiful quilt!

And the best part is that it is a QUEEN size quilt! 

As I said before the quilt is available for raffle.  Tickets can be purchased at the library, or you can send me the money and I will purchase the tickets for you and then send the tickets back to you.  I believe it is a $1.00 a ticket or 6 tickets for $5.00.  That is a really reasonable price so I hope you support the De Soto Library and buy MANY tickets.  All proceeds will be used in library programs or to buy books.


No comments:

Post a Comment