Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Anyone want to restore an antique quilt?

While I was in Nevada earlier this month, I had a call from someone I use to work with.

Sherry has come into possession of an antique quilt (1930 ish) by her guess.  She has fallen in love with the quilt and wants to use it.  She told me that there were a couple of patches of fabric that were well worn and needed replaced.  She has vintage fabric to replace those patches with....she just doesn't have the skills to do the repair work herself.

If I recall the conversation correctly, the quilt was hand quilted.  So the top would need to have some fabric replaced and then some hand quilting would need to be replicated once the restoration is done.

Contact me for Sherry's number if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment