Friday, April 27, 2012

David's quilt

I really did wait to long to go to the doctors office.  It took a full 48 hours before I could even think about getting into the quilting room.

This week I have been focused on trying to honor my sisters request for a quilt for her son.  Actually the quilt is for her to remember her son, thus it is in 9 shades of blue, his favorite color.

Wednesday I tried to work on the quilt top, and spent a lot of time with the seam ripper and about 3:00 I realized I was actually dizzy while sitting in my chair trying to sew.  Luckily for me my sister Kellie was on my wave length and gave me a call.  She needed someone to talk to, she was at home alone and feeling a little overwhelmed.  We talked a good 30 minutes and had a few laughs along the way.  By the time I was done visiting with her I was done in the quilt room for the day.

Yesterday I spent the better part of the day working on the top.  Five rows joined together, row 6 pinned to the other 5 just waiting to be sewn down.

Today I hope to finish the quilt top and get it loaded on to the longarm this weekend.

I want to thank everyone who offered to help me with this quilt.  I know that I wanted to get it to my sister right away....and many of my wonderful friends offered to assist in the construction to make that happen.  In the end I really needed this quilt to be a me project.

After this quilt is completed I will be back on track with Iowa Comfort quilts.  It won't be long and I will be needing supplies.....so if you know anyone who needs longarm work done give them my name and number.  I currently do not have any customer quilts, so there can be a fairly quick turn around.  And those customer quilts do pay for the batting and backing for Iowa Comfort Quilts.

Thanks again to all who support Iowa Comfort!

No comments:

Post a Comment