Saturday, November 3, 2012

Today is the day

Yes today is the day of our last community sew day of the year at the Adel Library.

I spent yesterday baking cookies and loading my car.  I was exhausted by 2:00 pm!  Many trips up and down stairs, and many trips to the car.  I'll be heading out soon, and I so hope that I haven't forgotten to pack something... 

Which brings me to what you need to make sure to bring.  Bring yourself (that is of course the most important thing) a sewing machine, seam ripper and an extension cord.

Jacque has retreat going on this weekend, so the supplies she graciously allows us to borrow at the library are with her at retreat.

I have 30 + child size quilts precut for us to start on, thanks to my good friends at Circle of Friends.  I am also bringing along larger cuts of fabric to be made into backing for these quilt tops.  These backings may end up being unique but I think that is okay.  I feel that it is more important to get the quilts completed, than to have the backing be matchy matchy.

Just like last time I will have coffee available all day...and just like last time someone else will have to make it....cuz when I make it it looks and taste like MUD!  I'll also have blueberry muffins in the morning session and chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon session.

This time there are two sessions 9:00 - 12:00 or 1:00 to 4:00 come for one or both, choice is yours.

There has been a lot going on this last month....and I have a ton of pictures to show you in future posts.  But before I head out I want to show you a donation from Sue.
Yes I count SIX boxes of goodies from her.  We will be exploring what is in those boxes over a couple of posts in November.  It feels like Christmas to me...and just like a child I can hardly wait to dig into the boxes and see the wonderful gifts!

Hope to see you in a little while!  

Everyone have a great weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment