Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Donation from Jacque

I just have to give a great big THANK YOU to Jacque Johnson, owner of Adel Quilting and Dry Goods.  

Without her I would be hard pressed to be able to accomplish the things that we are doing for Iowa Comfort.  She allows her shop to be a drop off for fabric donations when I am in need of them, and has donated fabric to Iowa Comfort.  She promo's Iowa Comfort events on her blog.  She sends customers my way for quilting.  Those customer quilts are the funding for Iowa Comfort, that is how the batting and backing get purchased. And as if that wasn't enough support she has also donated this quilt.



The quilt was made from strips that had been collected at a previous retreat.   Jacque put flannel on the back of it and quilted up.  Such a warm and cozy quilt that will makes someones year!  So pretty!  I think the pattern is available at the shop.

And then there is this:


Jaqcue collected 10 inch squares at her retreat in fall colors.  Then donated those squares to Iowa Comfort.  Last night after coming home from Circle of Friends I started sorting these blocks into like colors. The first pattern I thought of when I saw these blocks was a star...I see some time with EQ7 in my future.

Thank you again Jacque for all of your generosity.  Thanks also to everyone who donated the 10 inch squares of fabric.

I would like to wish everyone a safe and joyous Thanksgiving.  Hope you come back for Saturdays post.



No comments:

Post a Comment