Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Today is a travel day

I left for northern Iowa this morning for a charity sew day . 

An online quilting friend thought it would be fun to have a charity sew day with the online group.  This group was founded by Melzee from Dubuque, she started a group called Iowa Quilters on Connecting Threads a couple of years ago.  The group is mainly Iowa quilters....but there are also several gals from surrounding states.

Lynne thought it might be fun to get together before the fall harvest and holidays set in....and she suggested that Iowa Comfort might benefit from our sewing today.

I have loaded the car up with a ton of fabric (both the backseat and trunk are loaded) and hope that I will come home with a couple of tops to quilt later.

The one thing that I know for sure is that when this group gets together......people will have sore faces and sides....because there is always a boat load of fun.

Leslie Jackson has donated another top, I don't have it photographed yet, but I'll have it on the blog Saturday.  It is so cute!  It is going to be a hope quilt that is for sure.

Hope you all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment