Saturday, August 4, 2012

Pics from our community day

On Tuesday afternoon, I scheduled a rather last minute community prep day.  


This day was to just sort fabric donations by color and size.  Icing on the cake would be if we could start cutting down some of the smaller pieces into precut pieces.


We finished the first two, and started on phase three.  Take a look at our afternoon.


Celia was hard at work putting large cuts of fabric on bolts that was donated by Adel Quilting and Dry Goods.
Deb was hard at work sorting and measuring the stack of blue fabrics.


Donna was my first volunteer of the afternoon.  She helped bring in the sacks to be sorted.  Sorted a little over half of the sacks by color.. and helped sort by size before she had to leave us.


Kathy was busy sorting fabric also...love the tape measure around her neck!


Dian was working so hard that I could not catch her sitting still..... my apologies Dian.....but I could not leave you out of the post.
Here is a shot of some of the fabric that I still have to cut down into precut sizes for future use in quilts.


I want to thank again all of my helpers for coming out and helping me organize the donation fabric.  It feels so good to not look at those sacks on the closet floor!


News coming on Tuesday about next years goal for Iowa Comfort... so stop back then.



No comments:

Post a Comment