Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Quilts delivered

Yesterday was a day of errands both inside and outside of my home.

I was able to deliver the quilts to the center yesterday morning.  Along with the hygiene products and gently used clothing that was donated thru Iowa Comfort to the center.

Once I can get my IT person to help me (that would be my son that is due to have a baby any day....so it may be a while) I hope to have pages available on my blog.  One page would be dedicated to things that the center could really use....believe me I have learned that the need is much greater than I thought.  I think a dedicated page would make it easier than having to back through posts.  I also plan to have a gallery of finished quilts on one page.

I need to give a special thank you to Dian Wakefield.  Dian has been making all of the labels for the Iowa Comfort quilts.  I spent yesterday afternoon battling with my embroidery machine......it took me 4 hours to make four labels for personal projects of mine. I remember why I hate making labels......the computer and sewing machine keep letting me know what a DUMMY I am.  HATE it when that happens, hate it more when the machines are right.  I am so happy that Dian makes all of those beautiful labels.  I am pretty sure that if I had to make them, I would be missing all of my hair from the frustration of the process. 

Dian's is so much prettier than what I can do anyway.....so THANK YOU Dian for your contribution!

No comments:

Post a Comment