Saturday, May 26, 2012

Joyce loves to move......NOT

Joyce Scott is in the process of moving to a new house.  Joyce has lived in her previous house for over 30 years.

I heard a story at Circle of Friends last Monday that Joyce made the mistake of allowing her husband a peek at her stash.....we will just say that men do not understand.  I know this to be the case because my hubby got a peek at my car trunk today.  It was full again (second time since the 12th of this month).  As luck would have it, everything in the trunk came from Joyce!
As Joyce has packed for moving she has found items that she has no intention of taking to the new house.  She is purging.....and Iowa Comfort is benefiting.  The picture up above is of blankets, sheets, mattress pads etc. that will be donated later today to AHeinz 57 dog shelter to be used as bedding for our four legged friends.

I received all of this on Monday night.  Wednesday I received a call from Joyce saying that she had some plaid flannel and wondered if we could use it as backing material.  Backing material is GOOD! She said she would be right over...... but I really wasn't prepared for this.....


That stack is almost 20 inches tall..... I have no idea how many yards I have....but I know that it will back a lot of quilts!  Luckily for me I am getting over the need, for the backing to match the quilt top.  I also thought this fabric might make some wonderful lap quilts for wheel chair bound citizens at the local care center.

Joyce may not like moving....but with gifts like these, I'm kinda glad she is ;-) !  Thank you for sharing with us Joyce. And I hope the rest of your move goes smoothly.

I have a couple more donations to show you one Tuesday.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend.


1 comment: