Monday, March 5, 2012

Iowa Comfort Quilts 16 & 17

Yep that's right I'm showing two quilts today from that box I showed you yesterday.  Now I will admit that these two quilts were picked first because they will be little people quilts......which means they will quilt FAST!

I have these two scheduled to quilt the first week of April, but since they are both lap sizeish ( yep I'm making up words now) I will be able to quilt another quilt that week also.  At this point I just don't know if it will be a comfort quilt or a customer quilt. 

January and February have been a little slower for the customer quilts, but I have had several calls in the last week.  My day planner is going to be my best friend!  The comfort quilts get scheduled just as if they were customer quilts.  This month ICQ'S # 9,10, 11, 12 &13 are all on the book.  Nine is done and being bound by Nancy.....THANK YOU NANCY.

Any way back to the reveal, here is comfort quilt # 16

Sorry about that I forgot to turn the picture before I inserted it .

And here is ICQ#17

The fabric in these two quilts are very similar, and I plan to take some time and dissect the pattern settings of both quilts.  I have this little voice in the back of my head that is wondering if both quilts were made from the same blocks and just set differently.  I love mysteries especially those that are quilty.  I love to examine a quilt and find the block construction and see if I can duplicate it.

I want to thank Diane Larson again for her amazing generosity.  These quilts will be well loved once they make their way to the center.

Until my next post......





1 comment:

  1. # 17 is sometimes called ribbon star, #16 is a variation using the same shapes. Beautiful tops and a generous quilter - love abounds.....

    ReplyDelete