Friday, March 9, 2012

Diane's last treasure

So here it is Friday morning and I can't sleep, guess I had to much on my mind today to stay in bed. In a few minutes I will be in my sewing room working on green dinosaurs for my future grandsons quilt and later today I'm going to open sew Friday in Adel. I'll only be staying a couple of hours this morning....so I think I will just take fabric to cut for my 3D flower quilt that I need to have completed for the LQS  quilt show in June.

Lexi, my granddaughter, is coming for a visit this weekend, which means cookies need to be made this afternoon. The next couple of days are going to be busy, but I digress....so lets get to the reveal!

Here is the last quilt, officially quilt # 21, from Diane....and as it happens it is the largest quilt in that box of treasures.  It may be a double.


And here is a close up of the block and fabric.

Just to satisfy my own curiosity, what design do you see first when you look at this quilt?  Do you see X's  or squares?  For me I saw the diagonal lines created by the solid fabrics.  My husband saw the X's.  The more I studied the quilt the squares became more dominate.  I just love a quilt that has the ability to have several dimensions to it.....I'm not sure that is the right word, but I'm sure you get my meaning. 

This is the last quilt from Diane and one last time I would like to thank her for all of her generosity! 

With Lexi coming this weekend, I probably won't post until Monday.....but I do have another quilt to show you then......and it will be worth the wait. (now that was just plain mean wasn't it)


No comments:

Post a Comment