Thursday, February 2, 2012

Just a couple of things

Last night I spent the night putting the binding on Iowa Comfort Quilt #4, better known as Barcode.  I managed to get the binding made and applied after I finished quilting a Harley Davidson quilt for a customer.  I love it when things work out.  The payment for the Harley quilt will pay for the batting for all of the comfort quilts that we made this last weekend.  I have one corner left to finish hand sewing and then it is done.

I had sent a message last week to my contact at CIAC ( Crisis Intervention Advocacy Center) and asked if they had any small children in residence at the time.  And they do they have new born girl, 2 young girls under 8 years of age, and 4 young boys.  As soon as I read the post I thought about the silly cat quilt I made for the Adel Library fundraiser last year, and I wondered if I had any of that panel left.  So I started digging thru my fabric closet....... and I have a FULL panel of those silly cats, along with several yards of coordinating fabric.  I'm going to try to get two little quilts out of them to send to the center.  I also have a panel of dinosaurs that I'm going to try to get 2 little quilts out of.  We have two panels out for adoption, and there are still 4 available for adoption.  I hope we can put a smile on these little ones faces soon.

More pictures of quilt tops from the community sew day soon.

Until my next post......

No comments:

Post a Comment