Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I love scrap quilts

 Today's show and share was sent to me from Diane L.  Diane is a quilting friend of mine, and we belong to an online quilt forum.  

You can find the original post here  http://iowacomfort.blogspot.com/2013/08/magic-closet-time.html

 hopefully that link will work, if not it is the August 24, 2013 post.

I was finally able to quilt that top this last month. And I love the finished quilt. (can I just say I will be glad when spring gets here so I can go back to photographing these quilts out side again!)


This is the type of quilt I hope to be able to start piecing.  Diane used her stash and scraps and created this beautiful quilt top.  I really like how when I step back from the quilt I can see two distinct patterns, the center squares or the big X's.  If I had found this quilt top somewhere..... I would have purchased it and kept it for me.  That is how much I love this quilt top.

But since I can't do that, I have taken a close up of the block and will work to recreate it in the near future....okay I will be honest it is on my 5 year plan.


That block is just two colors in mirror image of each other.... shouldn't be to hard should it?

Because the quilt top was so scrappy, I decided to make the binding scrappy also.


I had a bunch of 2 1/2 inch strips in 18 inch length.  They were in fall colors and I thought it would work as a scrappy binding.  I was really pleased with how it turned out.

Deb Y. volunteered to bind this quilt for me, and she did a wonderful job.  She even laundered the quilt before bringing it back to me, saving me that step.  All I have left to do is to get a label on it and get it delivered to the center.  They will love this quilt, it is the perfect size for their housing units!

Thank you Diane and Deb for your donation of time and your talents.  I have no doubt that this quilt is going to brighten someone in needs day!




No comments:

Post a Comment