Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Finally I am BACK

Man it is good to be back!  The last 8 -10 days have been ROUGH! 

On my last post I told you I was feeling a little icky..... well it got bad.  I haven't been ill for over a week in a very long time, but I made up for it with a vengeance.  There are four days that I am pretty sure I never left my bed, and I think I slept all but 6 hours of those 4 days.

Back to more pleasant things.  I have all but one of my customer quilts completed for the year.  I hope to get that one done by Wednesday.

Today I am working on getting the binding on one of our comfort quilts, then I can bind it over the next several evenings while sitting in front of the TV.    

I have two small quilts to get quilted for Iowa Comfort yet this week, and then one large one next week. The goal is to have all three of these quilts quilted and bound for delivery before the end of the year.

If I make that goal it will mean, with A LOT OF HELP FROM MY FRIENDS, we will have donated 65 quilts to local charities to provide a little warmth and comfort.

I would say we have had a pretty spectacular first year.  We left the initial goal ( the one that my son and husband thought were lofty) in the dust within the first couple months of 2012.  I have no intention of setting a numeric goal for next year.  We will just continue to do what we have been doing and see how it all works out.  

I do have 30 kits ready to be sewn together, and 14 quilt tops ready to be quilted already for next year.... So I just know that it will be another good year!

I'll have pictures of a delivery for you on Saturday.  Have a great week everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment